Monday, May 13, 2013

Mrs. Meyer's, Zelda, and a French Manicure

Did you know that you can use 3 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid in your clothes washing machine if you're out of laundry detergent? That's what I discovered this morning when I dutifully roused myself out of bed at 6:00 to catch up on laundry and found that I only had 2 Tide pods left. I needed more like 15. The "3 tablespoon" part was suggested by someone online, but I found that 5-6 tablespoons of Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day dishwashing liquid didn't produce too many suds, and the laundry came out smelling great.


Did you know that washing and drying dishes by hand makes drinking glasses more sparkly and shiny than when they're run through a dishwasher?  That's another discovery I made this morning when I realized I was out of Cascade, and there were several mountains of dirty dishes on the counter. Good old Mrs. Meyer's put in overtime this morning.
. . .

The good news is that I DID get up at 6:00 and follow through with the plan I made last night. I enjoyed it.

Did you know that you can't see the sunrise if you wake up at 6:00? I didn't.
. . .

Zelda thinks my new zebra bench is hers.
I have this epic new zebra bench in my house now. My kitty cat, Zelda, thinks it is a gift to her, and she refuses to sit or sleep anywhere else. (Me not like.) Zelda picks at things with her claws, and even though I've asked her nicely to leave my bench alone, she listens not. How can I get her to bask somewhere else?
. . .

I splurged on a French manicure today since I had to wash a bunch of dishes by hand. I've been doing my own nails since January and have had only one pedicure since then - it was a reward for finishing my taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment